Followers

April 12, 2012

ASBMF - Spring Pastels

I've started a new Spring themed challenge created by the Lovely Hannah over at Polished Prisms. It's called April Showers Bring May Flowers, this challenge isn't like others, there are 14 different themes, and it do at your own pace. So I think I can do this. I read through all the themes and really like them, so it might take a little while to complete but that is kind of the point to take it into May right.

I believe she even made this cute pic, Adorable isn't it.

On to Number One my Spring Pastels Mani (which inevitably was also my Easter Mani wore like iron for days, considering I was sick again from Fri til Mon- Tues-ish I was wearing this until tuesday night and it still never chipped that was like 5 days or so. Normally I wouldn't leave it on so long but when I'm sick I can barely function let alone make my nails all pretty. Ok enough talk on to the nails... I took the idea PastelS and ran with it... 

 If you look closely you can see the Silver stamping under the White stamping, and maybe can see just a hint of shimmer over all the colors. That was my initial idea I had planned on leaving it at that, well until I saw it and just hated it at that point. I had topcoated and everything. Of course it had taken awhile to get all the colors on there, Pastels when sponged on need a couple of coats even with a base color. So instead of just leaving it alone and hating it, I decided to try to add to it I've seen a few other Bloggers do this stamping layer to create some really pretty looks. So I figured why not I couldn't make it any worse. 
Fortunately I love the outcome, I think it came out so cool, I got a ton of compliments on this mani and that always make me feel good when people notice. 

All together I used a bunch of polished I'm just going to list them below  

Base Coat - Sally Hansen- Hard as Wraps 
Base Color- Sally Hansnen Sheer Vanilla (maybe white would of been a better choice but I thought I'd try this one, and actually likes how it wasn't so stark under the other colors.)
Pastels- In no particular order
Kleancolor- Pastel Teal 
Kleancolor- Pastel Orange 
China Glaze- Lemon Fizz60, 
Sally Hansen- Mint Sorbet
Sally Hansen- Lacey Lilac

Confetti- Tiara (the shimmer over the initial stamping)

Stamping- 
Wet n Wild- Metallica 
Spoiled by Wet n Wild- Correction Tape (it has become my go- to white for any nail art.) 
Wet n Wild- Black Creme 
Everything topped off with Seche Vite of course 
Stamping plates- MASH- m60 & m57, Bundler Monster- BM-201
 I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did. It was fun to create, and definitely fun to wear.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, Love all feedback... Please do not leave any links in the comments if there is something you think I'd like to see send me an email.

Click any picture to make it bigger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...