Followers

August 21, 2011

Attempt at Half Moon...

...And when I say Attempt I mean it, this so did not come out as I thought it would. I was debating weather or not to even take pics, earlier today I was dead set on not even taking pics didn't want to see it again LOL. But in the end I decided to take my pics and just put in on here, why not? Sometimes things don't work and that's ok.

Ok so this started our as being a half moon mani, but when I taped off my cuticles I put them too far on the nail, so it ended up looking like some weird in-between of a half moon and a french manicure. Which makes for this weird looking mani, For about the first hour after I finished I thought I might like it, but as the day went on I realized it's just not working out, My boyfriend even tried to say it looked good-ish, but I could tell he was only trying to make me feel better about it hehe, even he could tell how awful it turned out. Eh maybe someone will like this and want to try it, just a note it might of worked better on longer nails, note to self do not chop off nails right before trying something new...
 
base coat
2 coats Avon Urban grey 
1 coat Seche Vite
2 coats Confetti Moonstruck 
then 2 coats Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter
1 coat of Seche Vite, 
And after all that I started to think dont want this shiny, So I added a coat of China Glaze matte top coat.

And this is what I was left with, lol yes that does not only seem like a lot of polish for one manicure it even looks kinda thick ugh live and learn eh. Oh well no biggie now I know.
I will have to definitely try the half moon again and try to get it right.

oh yea, and the first pic is super clear shows my nails all chopped off (they were bugging me last night), but the second pic is way more true to color but a little blurry so I included both. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, Love all feedback... Please do not leave any links in the comments if there is something you think I'd like to see send me an email.

Click any picture to make it bigger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...